Krita 2.4 - Windows: how to report bugs?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 22 17:59:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have just submitted my first crash report for Krita 2.4 (b4) on Windows 7 - Home Premium (64 bit).
That is: bug 289602

I make my test on a super-powerful machine  (Intel i7 core - sandy bridge); 8 giga ram :-)
Krita is pretty snappy on it: I can't truly complain :-)

On top of this, I try to reproduce my Windows' bugs on a Virtual machine with:
Windows xp professional sp 3

Here are my two questions:

1. Is it possible to get a backtrace "easily" on Windows in order to help you?
As I have supposed, Dr Konqui doesn't work on Windows :-)

For instance, on Windows xp, I have tried to start Krita from the cmd "shell" (wind+R > cmd)
But Krita doesn't start and I get this error:
QtCore4.ddl NOT found
As a consequence, I can't get more information about my crash through the cmd either.

2. In order NOT to duplicate my bugs, on the Kde bug tracker, should I ADD my reports to the bugs already reported for *Linux*?

Just to give you an example.
Both on Windows 7 and Windows Xp, I can make always crash when I upscale - downscale an image.
This bug has been already reported on Ubuntu 11.10 - Unity SHELL (Krita 2.4 - beta 4)

I have recorded a video with all my steps to get this same crash (on Windows 7):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3095134/KRITA_WINDOWS_7_CRASH_DOWNSCALE.zip
This crash occurs on Windows xp prof. sp3 as well.

Should I report this crash as "new" since concerns Windows?
Or, Shoud I add this bug as duplicated since it concerns Linux as well (Ubuntu 11.10)?

Best regards and THANKS a lot indeed for having released Krita 2.4 on Windows as well :-)

Silvio Grosso