Need one more round of testing for my branch

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:35:01 UTC 2011

Hi all!

Looks like I've fixed most of the conflicts I had in my branch. It would be
really cool to test it with a fresh look before merging to master. Could
someone try it when he has some free time?

Improvements:
1) Painting is not blocked in the end of the stroke.
2) Scratchpad works in threads, has zooming, airbrushing
3) Bugfixes for the multihand tool
4) No code duplications of the KisToolFreehand anymore (I least I don't know
any anymore)
5) Several bugfixes for KisToolMove (choosing the target layer by its
contents)

What needs to be tested:
1) Brush tool. Painting, tool options, painting with different paintops
2) Dyna tool. Painting, tool options.
3) Multihand tool. Painting, tool options.
4) Move tool. Moving, selecting a target layer by its content, whole group
move. Working with multilayer images.
5) Undo/Redo of all these tools mixed with other actions. Note, that now you
can press Undo/Redo while some other action is running, and the result
should be at least correct (that means your undo request will be either
dropped or undone after all the actions are finished, but no image
corruption happens).
6) Speed. Well, it should be at least the same as in master (not counting
hangups at the end of the stroke in master). And the speed of the Move tool
should be checked.

What is still not done:
Not all the tools have been ported to strokes yet. So the other tools will
still block in the end of the stroke.

How to test:
For testing you should go to your source directory and issue the following
commands:

git fetch
git checkout origin/krita_strokes_framework_kazakov

Then go to your build birectory:

make -j8 install

After that you can run and test!

Thank you in advance! I'd be really happy if you found some bugs there! =)

--
Dmitry Kazakov