Regarding Tagging for Image Docker

శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర srikanth.tulasiram at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:00:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Silvio Heinrich <plassy at web.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 04.08.2011 15:54, schrieb శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర:
>> >
>> > Hi Silvio,
>> >
>> >        I am Srikanth Tiyyagura, working on  GSOC project " Resource
>> > Management and Tagging for Krita." I heard from boud, that there is a
>> > need of tagging support for image docker. Can you explain me what you
>> > need actually ?
>> >
>> >    I seen the image docker widget where there are two tabs one is
>> > browsing and another is image tab. Where can we place the textEdit bars
>> > so that we can add, delete tags and search images using tags ?
>> >
>> > And also can you explain me in brief about image docker and various tabs
>> > purpose ?
>> >
>> Well it is this: Artists often need a reference image to know how
>> certain things are painted. I made the image docker exactly for this.
>> You have the first tab where you can browse your hard drive for your
>> reference images than double click on them and they will open in the
>> second tab. There is nothing more to it.
>>
>> It would be nice if the artist is able to tag his reference images.
>> But thats is different to the preset tagging since the images normally
>> don't belong to krita the user is free to move them to any place he
>> likes. I only can think of two solutions here... we write the tags to
>> the images or we copy the image in a directory that belongs to krita.
>>

> That should already be done by Nepomuk, I think. Nepomuk should be able to
> track if a file was moved.
> Additionally there is the Metadata Writeback gsoc project that tries to
> save metadata to files (no idea what the status is).

If we want to write things to images - we have to use nepomuk
    But in the case of nepomuk without writeback support -- if we change an
image to another folder, then tags are no more attached to the image.
Implementation of Writeback support to nepomuk will take some more time ( on
seeing the status page of work being done ).

Copy images in directory - we can use either nepomuk or XML

Using nepomuk also has the advantage that tags are also editable in Dolphin.

>> I think on the GUI part we would need another tab to browse the saved
>> (tagged) images. I can do the GUI stuff myself :) but some kind of API
>> to handle the tagging would be nice (I don't know if you already have
>> something).
>>

> I think it would be easier if the image docker could be merged into master.
> Tagging could be done in a branch.
> I think the UI needs to be different from the one used in resource as the
> image docker can access all image on the system. So I think that the
> resource tagging can't be reused directly.
>

>> And there is the "Artistic Color Selector" docker what will need tagging
>> in the near future, too but it doesn't save anything yet. I'm not
>> familiar with the resource system. Is it possible to create and register
>> a new resource type?
>>

> Yes, that is possible. Basically you need on resource call that inherits
> from KoResource and does all the loading/saving. For the resource server you
> can have a look at KisResourceServerProvider.

Regards
Srikanth Tiyyagura