Speed of Krita 2.4 ( out-topic tablet calibration )

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Aug 4 09:09:00 UTC 2011

On Thursday 04 August 2011 Aug, David REVOY wrote:

> > :-(. I haven't got a clue there... I've tried to reproduce by attaching an intuos and a graphire and a second monitor to my laptop. I didn't use xsetwacom directly, though, but KDE's wacom systemsettings component, and that worked perfectly for making the intuos work only on the second monitor.
> Oh, I understand, I guess it's something really related to
> X/Gnome/Qt-Kde management and Xsetwacom.
>
> Now, I use only 1 tablet ( Cintiq Embeded one surface ) , and Krita
> 'drawing zone' still don't answer to topX/bottomX/topY/BottomY
> xinput/xsetwacom argue. The weird things is that in 'cursor mode' ( ex:
> when pointer fly over GUI or when pressing control to color-pick ) the
> pointer at this moment is correctly mapped to the xsetwacom setting.
> So online the painting area and brush outliner seams to be affected.

This is really so weird... I'm not sure where the problem is. Maybe we should do a donation drive so I can get a cintiq :P

> btw, what I read above is a good argument to switch to KDE ;) (+what I
> read on G+ about gnome 3 , and the natural regression process of Ubuntu
> release for tablets getting worse and worse ... ).
> KDE desktop seams to be more tablet friendly ; I saw even a full GUI for
> configuring tablet. Really ? :)

Yes, there is one. It's pretty good and I use it a lot. But it's not perfect yet, and it isn't part of the default installation of KDE. But I've approached the author to see how we can get there.

> But hard to find a good Debian/Kde distrib ; I will give a test to Mepis
> maybe , or wait for Linux Mint Debian Edition KDE.

If mint allows you to simply install the kde desktop profile, you could switch without installing a completely new distribution.