Recent development in Krita

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sat Apr 23 14:29:55 CEST 2011

On 04/21/2011 07:07 PM, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> o Silvio implemented something with the channel locking.
> Does it mean that now you can turn off the channel from compositing
> but still change it? Do we distinc between visible and active color channel?
> If so, cool! The channel docker UI could be probably improved a bit, I like
> how it is done in GIMP, but not sure if that is the way to go. Any idea?
Well yes, kind of :D... there are two kinds of compositing.
Compositing the layer with the current brush stroke and compositing
the layer with the layer below. The first type is destructive the last
one is non-destructive.
Now you can choose if you want to lock (prevent altering) a specific
channel only for painting
or for layer compositing or both. And... yes it's kind of like visible
and active color channels.
The UI in gimp is nice, yes (photoshop looks similar).
but it's like everything else of the GUI stuff... someone needs to do it
:D :P

> o Cyrille add spacing controlled by sensors as separate option, it used to be
> dependent on the brush size
> Does the paintop developer fix all the paintops and add this option? What is
> the idea behind it?
I think the spacing option is there to fine tune the brush spacing.
I think it is pretty useful but i don't know what Cyrille's intention was :)
But i really don't like that the option is enabled by default.
The problem is that it returns 1.0 if it is disabled but i would like
that the brush
behaves normally if this option is disabled.
The easiest solution would be to alter the paintops who use this option
(at the moment it should be only pixel and culor smudge brush) a bit.
In the paintAt method you can return like this:

if(m_spacingOption.isChecked())
     return m_spacingOption.apply();

return spacing(scale);

> PS: Silvio currently rocks with his commits!
Thank you, thank you ... too nice :D