Recent development in Krita

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 19:07:14 CEST 2011

I had some time at the airport so I take a look at Krita
and I found one problem and also discovered some new cool stuff :-)
Aimed at developers, so if you don't want to read long email,
go and paint something with Krita instead!

Problem:
commit 246ae7d2d0c18559e692b9aefbed051edc0e12a0
Author: Srikanth Tiyyagura <srikanth.tulasiram at gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Apr 10 08:53:43 2011 +0530

There is problem with this commit. I propose to revert it. It seems that sri13
was fixing some alingment problems and then changed big amount
of ui files without checking. It breaks the whole important
UI in Krita. I checked and it breaks the layout of:
Custom brush, Text brush in every brush engine. Bristle options
in Hairy brush, hatching options and hatching preferences in hatch,
chalk, deform brush, spray brush dialogs,...and many others. Please consider
to revert it. Boud started to fix the situation in autobrush dialog, but commit
added much, much more bugs then it fixed.

New stuff&questions:

o Silvio implemented something with the channel locking.
Does it mean that now you can turn off the channel from compositing
but still change it? Do we distinc between visible and active color channel?
If so, cool! The channel docker UI could be probably improved a bit, I like
how it is done in GIMP, but not sure if that is the way to go. Any idea?

o Atop was removed as color mode, now you can use turn on/off transparency on
layer I was not able to find some information in the pop-up, when you hover the
layer: it displays information about the layer, last entry is "Disabled: ",
not sure what is that. I'm not sure if it should be also undoable. I don't
think so. It has similar UI as visible/invisible button of the
layer and that is not undoable.

o Color smudge is using KisImage to access projection. There were plans to
remove KisImage from paintops. I remember I was doing some work for this in
Action plan, to lessen the dependency as much as possible.
In paintops we need canvas dimension and access to the projection or to any
node (e.g. I want my brush to have color source in different layer or the
projection). The problems with KisImage in paintops are known to boud and
dmitry, maybe you can explain it once again here (we had some discussion about
it on IRC long long time ago)

o Cyrille add spacing controlled by sensors as separate option, it used to be
dependent on the brush size
Does the paintop developer fix all the paintops and add this option? What is
the idea behind it?

o a lot of cool fixes, we rock with the development ;)

PS: Silvio currently rocks with his commits!

Best regards,
Lukas

--
 Sent from my e-mail client