UX 2011 Sprint: Krita Slide Bar

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Apr 16 23:09:29 CEST 2011

On Saturday 16 April 2011 Apr, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> On Saturday 16 April 2011, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am attending a UX sprint, and we had some quick discussions on some
> > issues with our slide bar. Here is the wiki page:
> >
> > http://community.kde.org/Sprints/UX2011/KritaSlideBar#Ideas
> >
> > We still need ideas on how to make it clear that the text is editable by
> > right-clicking though.

Actually, I'm totally fine with it not being obvious that the number is editable. That's an advanced feature most users don't need. It's not necessary to make all features obvious to all users as long as all users can achieve what they need. In this case, setting a value is doable through dragging the bar to some place and that's obvious.

> And now I have talked with Peter and Kate (from openusability) about the
> slider, and the idea would be to make it looks more like a slider, but without
> the handle that move, and maybe but the text in a corner that you can left-
> click on it to edit.
>
> And if you want a bug try this:
> krita --style cleanlooks
> krita --style windows

What is the bug?

> And some other styles, as well. At least all that put the text label right to
> the progress bar.

I like the idea of one or two triangles highlighting the present position and making it clear that dragging along the slider changes the value a lot thoug.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org