[calligra/krita-fixsmudgebrush-silvioheinrich] ColorSmudge brush

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Apr 6 14:41:27 CEST 2011

On Monday 04 April 2011 Apr, Lukast dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we really should decide if the color smudge replaces
> the smudge, or they will exist next to each other or what is the next step.

Before we release 2.4, we will remove the old smudge, I'm fairly certain of that.
I'm not sure we should do that for the snapshot release in three weeks already.

> I think it replaces the old smudge, what about others?
>
> So far it is experimental paintop, so
> a) If we will replace the smudge, your presets are safe. All old smudge presets
> will not work completely correctly. Smudge was marked as stable, so by
> definition, there should be support
> for old presets -- but we can make exception here maybe? What others think?

No, no exceptions. One possible solution could be to keep the old smudge paintop, hide it from the user, but show the presets and make them run with the old paintop. Not sure whether that's the best idea.

> b) If it will be merged somehow with smudge, you can get into troubles :)

Maybe we can make a converter that converts the old settings to the new smudgeop?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org