[calligra/krita-fixsmudgebrush-silvioheinrich] ColorSmudge brush

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Tue Apr 5 17:46:12 CEST 2011

On 04/03/2011 07:21 PM, Timothée Giet wrote:
> Hi Silvio,
>
> Here is a little pack with my current Color-Smudge presets, if you
> want to give them a try.
>
> http://animtim.wehost.be/images/ColorSmudgePack0.tar.gz
>
> I've quite good performances with almost all of them, on some (like
> "Texture Paint" and "Trash Paint") I had to tweak a lot the settings
> to get it painting fast enough,
> some parameters like sensors on Spacing need to be set carefully, as
> they impact a lot on it.
>
> Also note that some presets require "GPS 1.5.0 beta" brush pack.

:D thank you.
I really like the block brushes. They give such a nice effect.
And you showed me for what the "Ascension" sensor can be used (i never
could get any useful result for this, until now :D )
I took what i liked and assimilated it into my own brush set :D.
Every digital painter IMHO needs to create his/her own brushes because
the feeling of those brush presets is pretty personal.
And i have some preferences you don't seem to share :D
For example, i use the "Declination" to change the size o the brush (if
i hold the pen 90° to the tablet i get a thin and sharp line and the
more i lean the pen the bigger gets the brush). And for the color smudge
brush i like it when the color is more "solid", so i mostly have the
smudge rate around 40-50 and the color rate around 60-80... and when i
need the color to bleed more into each other i just pull down the
opacity slider a bit.
Btw: Do you have an "Art Pen" (the one that has an additional rotation
sensor)? For sketching i activate the gradient option and use this
option with the rotation of the pen, then i use a gradient that goes
from black to white (so i can pick the color or better shades of gray
with the rotation of my pen).

Thx :)