2.3 docker layout proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Sep 7 17:08:20 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> I am generally ok with your proposal. I guess the "add shape" is there to show
> the text shape ?

Yes, exactly.

> On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Finally, because we're not going to have the tool option docker fix that
> > was discussed on koffice-devel for 2.3, I'm strongly tempted to put the
> > tool option docker bottom-right, because it's impossible to have all tool
> > option widgets appear top-right.
> There are two possible solution to that:
> 1) before copying the SaveState to the default one, you open all the tools and
> put them in the top left corner

I have tried that but it didn't work. Qt forgets the location of the dockers it doesn't show when shutting down. At least, that was the case in 4.7.

> 2) fix the actual bug :) I know how, but I never took the time to implement the
> actual fix. Using the QMainWindow::tabifyDockWidget function, it is possible to
> make the newly created tool docker to appear on top of the old ones when
> switching tools.

I wouldn't know how... If you can fix the bug or outline the solution in some more detail, I would be very happy.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse