2.3 docker layout proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Sep 7 16:32:34 CEST 2010

Please find attached the docker layout I would like to propose for 2.3.

I would like to show the new color selector by default instead of the small one with the triangle selector (as preferred by deevad) the minimal shade selector and the recent colors thing.

To make sure people know they can add text, we need the add shape docker, and we cannot tab that with any of the other dockers because of its fixed height.

Then layers

Finally, because we're not going to have the tool option docker fix that was discussed on koffice-devel for 2.3, I'm strongly tempted to put the tool option docker bottom-right, because it's impossible to have all tool option widgets appear top-right.

Comments? Attached screenshot is 1024x768 and everything seems to fit...

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse