Changing a shortcut

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Oct 22 18:17:31 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

David Revoy wrote:
> Even if most this one makes not a lot of sense for 100% linux users,
they are standards

When I have started using Gimp, I have had plenty of difficulties because of
its shortcuts :-)
For example, with Gimp the Ctr+D shortcut duplicates your image; with
Photoshop it works as "Deselect" :-)
In short, I do agree it is very difficult to satisfy every user :-)

On top of that, I suppose Krita's shotcuts follows the other Koffice
softwares shortcuts.
This, in my honest opinion, doesn't make much sense because Krita is a
really different piece of software compared to the other Koffice ones :-)
Ctr+I, for instance, makes sense as Italic with an Office application (e.g.
OpenOffice Writer has it as well) but for a graphical application it is
probably better to use it for "invert selection".
Naturally, the "problem" is to make up a new shortcut for the italic :-) :-)

Maybe, starting with Krita 2.4, it would be great to have an option to add,
e.g., Photoshop shortcuts into Krita.
With Gimp, as everyone knows,  you can add a text file with all Photoshop's
shortcuts [1].
This might be useful to satisfy every user :-)

Best regards,

Silvio

[1] http://epierce.freeshell.org/gimp/gimp_ps.php