releasability update

Boudewijn Rempt boud at
Tue Oct 5 15:56:27 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 05 October 2010, at wrote:
> > Lukas is no longer full-time sponsored, but there is still sponsorship
> > money for him to fix difficult bugs
> Yes -- to make it clear, I will work since mid-october part time 12-20 hours/week similarly like Dmitry is working.
> I will work for ~100 hours. I find it as good test of the part-time model of working on Krita =) There might be
> another round of this kind of work from me, but we will see what Krita will need and what the status of finances will be.
> I don't have plan, so we can setup new one. Old one is almost complete
> I propose:
> o I can spent more time on the smudge problem, but I don't have any ideas to test, it will be quite huge exploration programming

Judging from I'd say let's just disable the size option by default for smudge: that should fix the last user-visible problem, right?

> o I can spent more time on the unfinished business from Action Plan III
> o Bug 252159 -  krita hangs and brush outline does not show under certain setings
> o Bug 252144 -  Bad square mask generation when angle is nonzero.
> o Bug 242805 -  Weird behavior of the "Color"-Mode with pure red. (Hue~=0)

> o Bug 245870 -  Gaussian Blur filter preview is blocky, the edges of the image are blurred weirdly

This one might be tricky.

> o Bug  251930    Remove pattern crash

That's my bug! I want to fix it :-)

> The list is not sorted by priority. Feel free to propose more bugs that I'm good candidate for ;)

These might be interesting as well:

252882    nor   krita-bugs-null at   UNCO   Filter brush doesn't respect transparency
252396    nor   krita-bugs-null at   NEW   Filter brush with color to alpha paints black
250978    nor   krita-bugs-null at   UNCO   Stylus rotation sensor is broken
251113    nor   krita-bugs-null at   NEW   Display artifact lines with OpenGL
251374    nor   krita-bugs-null at   NEW   smooth speed sensor
251482    nor   krita-bugs-null at   NEW   Bug with Transparency Mask and Scale to new size
251720    nor   krita-bugs-null at   NEW   Select Similar Colors tool has wrong alignment of the cursor

Boudewijn Rempt |
Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse