Patch: don't save tiles that are equal to the default tile

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Mar 16 16:42:31 CET 2010

On Tuesday 16 March 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Selections and cutting should use KisDataManager::clear(), through
> KisPaintDevice::fill() [1]. This method uses tiles to fill the rect and
> substitutes default tile, if the fill-pixel is default.
Should really the data manager knows about selection ? Or maybe we could call
a data manager function to tell it check that area for "default" tiles.

> The eraser tool can use clear() too.
That is starting to be difficult, since it is done through the eraser composite
op (that you can anyway select with any paintop...) But that would be
marginal, main problem is cutting.

--
Cyrille Berger