Unify names in brush engines

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:01:58 CET 2010

Hello,

I would like to ask you how to unify the names of the attributes of brush
engines. So far I noticed this in-consistences:

GIMP:
aspect ratio:

Krita:
Autobrush
ratio:

Spray, Softbrush, Deform:
aspect:

I don't know here :)

Gimp uses "angle", autobrush uses "angle" too, I named it rotation, so rename
to angle?

In Deventer we decided to name the setting dialog for brush "Brush tip", I
used to name it Brush size. That was changed. In softbrush.

In Softbrush there is also setting called Brush mask which contains either
curve or gaussian. You can setup softness of the softbrush here. I named it
brush mask, but maybe something better would be cool. Softness?
In autobrush we use vertical and horizntal fade.

Let's fix it before string freeze