Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 10 19:51:59 CET 2010

Sven Langkamp wrote:
> If we keep everything that Krita can do in some way now it would also be a
> spreadsheet and chart editor (not broken, but not very usefulness either).

Something is very wrong if I can't paint charts with The New And
Improved Krita ;-).

Not that hand-painting with the chalk tool would be exactly "optimal",
of course, but if you manage to build good enough shape recognition to
balk at charts and not flowers/trees/dogs/oceans/etc... :-)

> I think for your usecase Gimp at least with gegl integration probably will
> be closer to what you need than Krita.

Is GIMP ever getting filter layers?

> Currently only Photoshop comes close to being an integrated solution

PS isn't Free, so doesn't count :-).

> and even Adobe cuts it into pieces e.g camera raw plugin, Lightroom,
> ImageReady etc.

True. *IF* there were free versions of those, it wouldn't be such an issue.

> I don't think that we should go the way to build a very broad application
> that covers a bit of everything but does nothing right.  What's most
> important for Krita right now is too become really stable and fast, so the
> narrower the focus the better. Once that is done there will be more people
> creating plugins and at some point there might be a another application that
> is either a seperate application or just a Krita with addtional photo
> plugins, but we are not there yet.

I'm not disagreeing, just please don't make it too hard to obtain that
goal :-).

--
Matthew
. . . . . ##@NO CARRIER