Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Tue Mar 2 09:43:55 CET 2010

Hi,

> Actually, it is the other way around, are they useful for painting work ?

I don't think so. But these filters might be useful for creating images for web pages etc. If you only want to remove them to reduce the maintenance burden, I might be able to help. I wanted to do some work on Krita again, anyway (but I won't have a lot of time).

> Boudewijn did such a port (but was it for Qt3), and we of course had the 1.6
> watercolor. But of course, doing the work oneself is better to learn. But it
> shall be noted that (and we discussed it last week end at the Krita sprint)
> that WetDreams push the simulation to far with the drying stuff.

As far as I can remember, the results from WetDreams looked even better then what one can do with Corel Painter (well, I played 10 minutes with it, so I don't really know what's possible with Corel Painter).

There is also an interesting thesis on how to simulate watercolor on the GPU:
http://repository.tamu.edu/handle/1969.1/1572
Unfortunately there are not many technical details in the thesis and I could neither find the application nor source code nor the contact information of the author.

Greetings,
Michael