backward compatibility

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 21 21:01:57 CEST 2010

On Monday 21 June 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to support backward compatibility with deform brush.Since there
> is possible to turn on / off airbrushing now , I removed option "Paint
> when not moving" as it is the same option as Airbrushing.
>
> I can load the settings easily in paintop (the code is in settings object)
> but I can't easily load the deform option to the UI: If the "Paint when
> not moving" was checked and this was saved in the preset, Airbrushing
> should be checked now.
>
> Airbrushing option is in the libpaintop library so the library does not
> know nothing about the Deform brush (and it's presets string). I could put
> the deform preset string into kis_airbrush_option.cpp for this purpose,
> but if you know some nicer solution, please let me know.

Maybe add some code to the deform paintop that checks whether the old option
is present and then switches the airbrush option on/off accordingly? Or did I
miss something? Never save the old option, of course.

> This option "Paint when not moving" was by default turned on and I think
> most of the presets have this option on. Also the Airbrush is on by
> default in deform brush. So it might not make problems much - just for
> presets where this option is turned off.

My guess is the same. For now, we _could_ fudge our compatibility a bit, but
it's a slippery road to go down.