New brush dialog

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:09:05 CEST 2010

On Thursday, June 17, 2010 09:44:36 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I'd say, keep the spray specific things in their own pages. Making them
> into  KisBrush based brushes will likely be quite difficult concpetually.

So far I took this advice. So I decided to leave the option Spray shape in the
GUI dialog as the KisBrush based solution would eat more time and I need to
start to work on how to get the presets into brush engines as time fly.

So it works like this:
If you check Spray shape, you can select some shape as always, if you uncheck
Brush Tip is used as particle type.

Problem:
1.find correct names - both Brush Tip and and Spray shape are Particle types.
How to call them?
2. Small problem - hide spacing from GUI as spacing is not used by spray
(similary for the hairy brush), spacing is not part of the brush mask
definition used by particle based brush engines usually, spray has defined area
with own spacing.

This is interesting: it is possible to define the area of spray by pixel map -
brush footprint - brush mask: every pixel means a place for particle and
opacity of pixel is saying what is the probability that particle will hit that
place (0% to 100%). So spray would use the brush dialog twice - as particle
type [spacing hidden] and as brush size [with spacing]. Something similar
would be possible for hairy brush - so far Brush Tip define bristles, and every
bristle could be some Brush Tip (now it is pixel or anti-aliased pixel)

Just a note to why it is good to be able to hide spacing :)

Solution for the future:
QPainterPath based type KisBrush for circle, rectangle, random shape - can be
used by any brush engine as it is brush type footprint

I don't know what to do with Pixel and Anti-aliased pixel (Wu particle) and
QImage in the Spray shape dialog