Mipmapping concept problem

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:26:55 CEST 2010

Hi, All!

I was thinking over advantages/disadvantages of switching to KisImagePyramid
projection backend and i'm in a trouble now:

We wanted to switch to it for eliminating creation of a big QImage for
caching the projection. But how will we paint KisPaintDevice onto
KisPrescaledProjection's internal QImage? Current implementation creates
temporary QImage and paints it onto prescaled projection with
QPainter::draw. The problem is, when we zoom in/out we will create the same
fullsized QImage. That is, of course, not good. And i don't know how to
solve this. Split the patch image into smaller ones? Or there is some other
idea?

--
Dmitry Kazakov