Need help with benchmarking Krita

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:04:50 CEST 2010

Hi, All!

As i wrote in my previous mail, i can't benchmark Krita well now. Could you
help me with this?

If you have RelWithDebInfo build (and it doesn't crash on every stroke) you
can benchmark it. I would really appreciate information about painting on
several layers with really big brushes.

So how to benchmark:

1) valgrind --tool=callgrind --instr-atstart=no krita
2) then create an rgb image ~2000x2000px and create the second layer
3) paint something on both layers (to make extent of the layers non-null)
4) Select auto-brush of size 500px
5) Now it's time to activate callgrind: callgrind_control --instr=on
6) paint something on the canvas
7) turn off the callgrind: callgrind_control --instr=off
8) close krita

I would really appreciate, if you sent the callgrind profile for these
operations to me =)

PS:
Turning of instrumentation for krita loading is essential, as it takes
muuuch tiiiime to load and can make the profile not very useful =)

--
Dmitry Kazakov