RGB 16 bit as default when starting Krita

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 20 16:38:56 CET 2010

On Wednesday 20 January 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> 2) What are you speaking about, guys!? That is a completely theoretical
> colorspace! It has nothing common with real life! There is hardly present a
> monitor covering AdobeRGB, not speaking about this stuff.
> Yes, this is really funny to scale a dalai lama picture, but it'll create
> an enormous amount of problems to our users working with real-world images.
It has nothing to do with display colorspace, but with the color space where
the operation are computed. And if you had read that page you would notice the
author is interested in actual real-world images, but the best way to
demonstrate problems in image processing is to use artificially crafted images.
So what are the "enormous amount of problems to our users" ?

--
Cyrille Berger