Krita handbook - Fundamentals - Starting Krita

Mag. Leonhard Landrock 1977-Hamlet at gmx.at
Sun Feb 21 16:46:40 CET 2010

Am Sonntag 21 Februar 2010 13:45:43 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> On Sunday 21 February 2010, Mag. Leonhard Landrock wrote:
> >
> > @Everyone:  I have just uploaded the first version of the "Starting
> > Krita" page of the handbook. Just have a look at
> >
> > http://userbase.kde.org/Krita/Manual/Starting_Krita
> >
> > and give me some (positive) feedback.   ;-)
> >
> > Nevertheless I do have some more questions now. Hopefully you or another
> > one of the developers has time to answer me. These questions are all
> > relevant for the "Starting Krita" page of the handbook.
> >

> > Part "Specific document selection":
> >

> > **) What are the maximum values for Width and Height?

Still not answered.

Maybe one of the core programmers can say what the maximum values for the
dimensions of an image are.  ;-)

> > **) What is the measurement of “Resolution”? What is the maximum value
> > for Resolution?
>
> Are you using 2.1 ? For 2.2, we have fixed and add the resolution unit
>  which is ppi (aka pixels-per-inch)

Still open: What is the maximum value for the resolution?

> > **) What does “Screen size” do? It sets with and height to a value but it
> > does not affect the measure. If I have the with in decimetres and press
> > “Screen size” it still gives me a width of 1920!
>
> It is supposed to give the screen size. Sounds buggy, for me it gave the
> screensize - plasma panel.

Shall I open a bug a bugs.kde.org?

> > **) What is the difference between the “Default RGB colour space - sRGB”
> > colour profile and the “sRGB” colour profile?
>
> Erm, hopefully, none.

OK, but why does Krita offer those two colour profiles if they are the same?

> > **) The opacity from what can be selected? What are the values one can
> > select (only 0 or 100% opacity)? Is there any chance to know the real
> > value? There is no number for the percentage of opacity shown.
>
> Opacity of the first layer (which, if you want my opinion is terribely
> confusing).

OK. The first layer can have any value of Opacity? Ranging from 0 to 100% ?

It would be nice to see what value has been choosen by the moving the bar.

> > **) How many characters long might the description be?
>
> Infinity :) (or rather bound by memory)
>
> > What characters are supported? Is unicode supported?
>
> Of course. Actually it might be local dependant... But nowdays, most linux
>  are utf8 by default.

I have noticed that the description gets entered to the comments section of
the document information. Does the document information have no bounds either?

Leonhard.