Disabling save to presets

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Aug 6 23:35:53 CEST 2010

On Friday 06 August 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> Lazy and crazy :P :D
>
> If we start to embed the gbr/gih into kpp, then we break interoperability
> with GIMP as you are usually happy when you can reuse the bitmap based
> brushes between apps. I like that kpp and gbr are separated.
One does not prevent the other :) gbr inside the kpp, and gbr on the disk.

> I would propose different solution: If you delete gbr brush from disk, we
> would remove also all the presets that contains the brush id (filepath or
> the name).
First, how do you suggest we do that if the user delete the brush from the
hard drive using dolphin (or asset management like conduit), second, unless
there is some kind of warning, I do not see users to be happy to see their
presets disappear automatically.

> Currently we address the gbr brush in preset by full path. We might use
> just a name.
Well the problem is that two different brushes could have the same name.

> Btw I commited the solution as I needed to work on the code.
Sure. It is for future work :)

--
Cyrille Berger