Disabling save to presets

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:05:27 CEST 2010

On Friday 06 August 2010 14:20:01 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Friday 06 August 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Or we can save the custom brush in the preset itself.
> >
> > You mean saving the bitmap data into kpp? Or gbr/gih data there?
>
> Whichever.
>
> > That might be also possible but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort.
> > It would require to work on saving and loading the preset - that is
> > little complicated by looking at the code.
>
> Lazy boy :) Well it is needed anyway to make sure the kpp are usefull when
> exchanged to other users (or if the artist decide to remove the brush from
> the hard drive).

Lazy and crazy :P :D

If we start to embed the gbr/gih into kpp, then we break interoperability with
GIMP as you are usually happy when you can reuse the bitmap based brushes
between apps. I like that kpp and gbr are separated.

I would propose different solution: If you delete gbr brush from disk, we would
remove also all the presets that contains the brush id (filepath or the name).
Currently we address the gbr brush in preset by full path. We might use just a
name.

Btw I commited the solution as I needed to work on the code.
I will rename the method as boud suggested as post-review effect ;)

Cheers