Problems in recomposition of filters

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 14:53:38 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Ed . <schumifer at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  There are problems in the recomposition of filter results onto the canvas.
>
> Case 1:
>  - Open any image
>  - create an eliptical selection
>  - apply a filter
>
> The filter is also applied outside of the selection. (Without a selection,
> this is the only way to get a correct result out of a filter in Krita)
>
> Case 2:
>
> This happens with both the adjustment layers and with the normal filter
> previews
>
>  - Create a transparent document and draw a circle
>  - Blur the circle with a large radius
>  - The large blur radius should make the circle almost invisible, but it is
> not because the result is superimposed on the original layer
>
> Case 1 started happening because I made an adjustment in an attempt to
> solve Case 2 when applying filters.
>
> What I think is required, is a compositing mode that copies the filter data
> onto the paint device while respecting the selection mask.

As for the second case, for Adjustment layers there is a "Composite Copy"
option in the Layers docker. And the last time i tried, it used to work.
Doesn't it?
By default all the layers (and masks) use Composite Over mode, so you see
this effect. And it also mean that direct application of the filter will
always be in Composite Over mode. This is a lack in the ui, i guess.

As for the first case i should check it.

--
Dmitry Kazakov