Problems in recomposition of filters

Ed . schumifer at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 22:41:43 CEST 2010

There are problems in the recomposition of filter results onto the canvas.

Case 1:
 - Open any image
 - create an eliptical selection
 - apply a filter

The filter is also applied outside of the selection. (Without a selection, this is the only way to get a correct result out of a filter in Krita)

Case 2:

This happens with both the adjustment layers and with the normal filter previews

 - Create a transparent document and draw a circle
 - Blur the circle with a large radius
 - The large blur radius should make the circle almost invisible, but it is not because the result is superimposed on the original layer

Case 1 started happening because I made an adjustment in an attempt to solve Case 2 when applying filters.

What I think is required, is a compositing mode that copies the filter data onto the paint device while respecting the selection mask.