Qt 4.6 and list of all graphic tablets supported

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 15 10:35:17 CEST 2010

On Thursday 15 April 2010, silvio grosso wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am wondering where I can find a list of all graphic tablets supported by
> the Qt 4.6 libraries? Is there somewhere such a link?
> For instance, on the whole, on Linux, for Wacom tablets the support looks
> like really good [1] But what about other brands?

I'd call it "fair" -- Qt 4.6 still has bugs. And linuxwacom has some bugs as
well, like a memory leak that sometimes happens.

> What about wireless graphic tablets [2]?
>
> At home, I work on Windows xp professional sp3 and I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun
> tablet (with MyPaint 0.8.2 as software). I am not a graphic artist and the
> Fun tablet is more than enough for me :-) On the other hand, for the
> future, I would like to switch to Linux (I already use Ubuntu) and Krita
> :-) Reading lately the Krita's forum I have read there are some problems
> with graphic tablets.

Vera uses the bamboo as well, and that _should_ work. But it's really hard to
figure out which version of Qt supports which feature -- some versions support
pressure, others support the stylus buttons, others again the tablet buttons
and some others the memory leak, apparently.

I'm also very interested in reports of Qt's tablet support on Windows and OSX:
I remember that on OSX the resolution was horrible, two years ago. I don't
have access to OSX anymore, so I cannot check. I haven't tested Windows
myself, since I'm still trying to setup a development environment.

> P.s: sorry for the dumb question. But what is the best place to ask
> questions? This mailing list or the Krita's forum?

Either is fine :-).