Krita and MyPaint: differences between their goals

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 13:14:48 CEST 2010

> process. Krita has a fixed size canvas, MyPaint an infinite canvas (though
> I'm jealous of that feature, and want it, too!). Krita doesn't mind

That's not true that Krita does not have infinite canvas. You can paint outside
of the visible area, and when you resize the canvas you should be able to see
what is outside. I think we just need nice UI for that, maybe be able to
quickly change canvas size on canvas. Also the small preview canvas is
infinite.

> showing the user complexity (as long as it's well designed and usable),
> MyPaint goes for the bare-canvas style -- which is great as well.

MyPaint has complex dialog for brush engine, but I don't know if I get you
here.

I like MyPaint too :) I like the application and ideas in brush engine a lot.
It is nice app.