Krita stand-alone installer for Windows?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Apr 10 17:02:05 CEST 2010

On Saturday 10 April 2010, silvio grosso wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Lately, in my spare time, I have googled a bit the Krita's web-site.
> At this regard, I didn't find any updated information regarding any plan to
> have a stand-alone installer for Windows. Needless to say, in my opinion,
> this installer might concern the future versions of Krita (not the 2.2 or
> 2.3 ones).
>
> At present, you can try Krita on Windows thanks the Kde 4 installer but, in
> my honest opinion, it would be better to have a stand-alone installer such
> as other softwares provide (e.g. Gimp or MyPaint). For instance, at work I
> can't try Krita on Windows because I don't have any privileges as
> administrator to run the Kde 4 installer :-) On top of that, to use the
> Kde 4 installer, it is necessary to have an Internet connection which, in
> some circumstances, is not available :-(
That is not true. You can can select the source to be a directory, meaning it
is already possible to make an ISO.

But anyway, I don't think that the windows installer is something that Krita
team should care about. The reason why there is not a single-program
installers is mostly that the windows team is very short handed. And their
main focus is to make sure KDE keep working on windows. But I am sure that
they would more than welcome any help with the installer :)

--
Cyrille Berger