GSoC proposal: comic related brush engines and impasto implementation

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 6 10:52:51 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 06 April 2010, JL VT wrote:
> Fellow Krita developers and users,
> below is my first GSoC proposal draft. If you consider it good enough,
> I'll upload it to Google's Summer of Code website.

It's very good, but we need a little more detail in the impasto section, I
think. You don't need to show uncertainty about the timeline; also, make firm
choices in the timeline about the order of things. So, start with the
hatching/halftoning, then continue after midterm with the impasto effect.
People will ask you to break down the timeline into more detail: i.e.,

* implement base filter
* implement various patterns
* implement hatching
* implement the filter as a brush source for the pixel brush

I hope to see the application soon on socghop!