Forum for users

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:54:59 CEST 2009

I think the forum should have the less number of sections as posible. Because
it will probably have a slow start, so to avoid unused sections..

> Artwork;
> we can send there finished painting or icons or anything we created mainly
>  by Krita
>
> WIP
> Here you can discuss your paintings for contests or for your for projects
>  and get feedback from Krita land.

I would merge these two in just one big "Artworks" section, I want to go to
one place and see all the works together, wip or finished, I don't care.
If needed a [WIP] tag in topic's title can be used for separate them.
Once things gets crowded and nasty, you can create a new section

> Contests
> We can have contest which takes one month and we setup the first topic name
> like The Tree...And everyone will create images with the topic Tree in
>  Krita (and we can allow other tools but it should be about Krita usage).
>  After month there will be voting for a week or so. Then the winner can
>  select the topic for the next month.

Maybe drop this one? I don't like the idea of selecting "the best" artwork
over other pieces, not everyone will have the same habilities.
And we don't know how active or the number of artist there will be, contests
will get dull if the same artists participates every month, or worse, if the
same person always wins.
But I do like the idea of picking a topic and work based on it, but this can
be put in the Artworks section, there's no need to be strict about it.

> News&Discussion:
> here we can talk about the way we use krita, when we spot somebody using
>  krita somewhere, interact partily with developers (not everybody uses IRC
>  these days) or any news related to CG with Krita in mind.
>
> General Help
> How can I scale image in Krita? Where is that great effect of mixing the
>  colors in a natural way? What is group layer for? What is brush engine or
>  paintop? Who is the most awesome Krita hacker? This kind of topics  go
>  there..

I agree here.
So, I vote for 3 sections, News&Discussion, Artworks, and Help

I have a question though, this is all meant just for Krita or Karbon as well?

~ m4v