projection pyramid

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 24 08:01:11 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 23 September 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net>wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 September 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was wondering of the projection pyramid/mipmapping thing is ready to
> > > be enabled by default.
>
> It needs synchronization with KisImage when reading from projection. Other
> way there are too much flickering and some bugs. And it should be threaded
> well, to work faster than cache. Projection fix first.

Ok. I'm going to look into the KisProjection issue today. (and do a more
thorough review of your patch, I read it through yesterday, saw a couple of
issues and some good points, but it's a whole lot of changes!)

> > > And -- does it help with saving memory, compared to the
> > > big QImage cache?

This is a big issue: given that you have disabled the switch to not using a
QImage projection cache as big as the whole image, loading big images in krita
has become a problem.