Whither Krita?

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:38:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> So -- what is the story about Krita? What can make Krita compelling to the
> artist? I think it makes sense to individually identify why we are
> personally
> working on Krita and what we want to get out of it in the first place, and
> use that to develop a vision for Krita that we can work towards.

This was an interesting thread - although I admit I only skimmed it.

I didn't see a lot of direct answers to this question though --- what is
Krita's reason for being?   What will differentiate it from things like Gimp
or MyPaint

5 years ago, there were a lot of gaps in the Gimp, and Krita seemed targeted
to fill those gaps.