Tool overlay and cursor shapes

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:05:51 CEST 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009 15:02:49 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 08:32:49 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> > > I leave that decision to Boudewijn :)
> >
> > Let's do this.
>
> QImage as buffer is commited.
> I corrected the patch a little so that not the whole canvas is repainted
>  but just the rect() from the event.
>
> You can turn on and off this canvas with buffer commenting the
> add_definitions(-DINDEPENDENT_CANVAS)
> line in CMakeLists.txt in ~/koffice/krita
>
> Here is also the patch to test the outlines.
>
> http://lukast.mediablog.sk/patches/outlines.patch
>
> It adds 3 modes to the spray brush.
> If you want to test current color you have to click before the outline is
> painted. I also always paint the outline so ignore that...it is just for
> testing purpose so that we can decide which outline type we use.
>
> There are 3:
> XOR - 1px xors the color to the canvas. It has hidden problem, could be
>  solved with user able to change the xor color
> B&W - 2.5 px wide outline, two same! circles painted on each other
> Current color - can be 1px wide outline, i set 2.5 when I made the patch
>  with current color selected but you have to click before the color is
>  changed
>
> What do you like the best?

This patch is already in trunk for week or so. Any response?
I prefer XOR and B&W solution. Maybe also black outline and current color
inside, but this will require to change paintop's settings object so that
every change of the color is known to settings object.

So for 2.1 I would got for option in kritarc where you could specify the XOR
color and XOR mode or
turn off the XOR mode and b&w solution would be used...