Tool overlay and cursor shapes

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:02:49 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 08:32:49 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 05 September 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> > > Any chance to test this patch through beta stages and revert if it
> > > shows performance problems?
> >
> > I leave that decision to Boudewijn :)
>
> Let's do this.

QImage as buffer is commited.
I corrected the patch a little so that not the whole canvas is repainted but
just the rect() from the event.

You can turn on and off this canvas with buffer commenting the
add_definitions(-DINDEPENDENT_CANVAS)
line in CMakeLists.txt in ~/koffice/krita

Here is also the patch to test the outlines.

http://lukast.mediablog.sk/patches/outlines.patch

It adds 3 modes to the spray brush.
If you want to test current color you have to click before the outline is
painted. I also always paint the outline so ignore that...it is just for
testing purpose so that we can decide which outline type we use.

There are 3:
XOR - 1px xors the color to the canvas. It has hidden problem, could be solved
with user able to change the xor color
B&W - 2.5 px wide outline, two same! circles painted on each other
Current color - can be 1px wide outline, i set 2.5 when I made the patch with
current color selected but you have to click before the color is changed

What do you like the best?