Yet another bug. This time filters vs selections

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 14 10:05:44 CEST 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> Hmm.. It seems to work with lightweight filters (like Invert) only...

I can't say I'm too surprised, really. About the performance hit of iterating
over selections: you get that hit in any case when you bitblt, since that
opens two iterators, too. Last sprint, in Berlin, we discussed ways of
optimizing iterators, and we concluded that iterators should cache way more
aggressively, i.e., right now we retrieve the next tile on every tile boundary
hit. This means that in a worst case scenario we look for the next tile 63
times more often than really necessary.

I'm not sure whether that's still true with your new tile engine, though.