2.1 plan, was: trunk is open.

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 21:33:02 CET 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009 19:57:29 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Sunday 25 October 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > >
> > > Our todo contains tasks for the next twenty years :) I think a TODO for
> > >  2.2, like the feature list page we have for koffice is quiet
> > > manageable.
> >
> > Sure, that's why I want some discussion on what we're going to do, and
> > also commitment on getting it done. I'll start:
> >
> >  * Fix bugs as they arrive. My goal is to be be under 20 bugs for 2.2,
> > and to have no unassigned bugs. (That also means that if you think a bug
> > is right up your alley, that I'd like you to assign that bug to
> > yourself.)
> >
> >  * fix serialization of the paintops, so stroke recording can work again.
> >  This might entail some refactoring.
> >
> >  * finish my mypaing brush-compatible brush engine.
> >
> >  * implement alpha-locking. Initial support is already committed, now I
> >  just need to use Enkithan's icons and make it work, preferably without
> >  refactoring pigment.
>
> Keep up with the polishing of 2.0/2.1 things:
> * finish the CTL colorspace, that include optimizations, and full support
>  for operations
> * finish merging of dynamic brush concepts into normal brush, that include
>  the coloring options and angles, would probably an opportunity to look at
>  some of the issues
> * keep polishing Shiva support, and GHNS integration
> * unit testing of pigment's operations (especially the one that are a bit
> broken, like convolution)
>
> File support:
> * I want EXR to be a top class citizen in Krita, support for 16bit and
>  32bit, full CM (and probably layers if someone from blender is willing to
>  answer a few questions and provide a test file)
> * since we are getting ride of GraphicsMagick, it's probably a good idea to
> work on replacing some of the filter as well, from those, my priorities
>  would be ppm and jpeg2000
>
> Color choosers:
> * I want to ditch that *beep* dialog :) We need a great color dialog
> * I have been thinking about a "digital color mixer" for a while, you will
> know more soon, since I think that the first thing I want to do after my
>  PhD work is done ! I need fun !
>
> I think that's all. Of course, I might work on other stuff depending on my
> mood, like add more recorded actions (gradient, fill, ....), and maybe make
>  the tutorial docker.

Paintops (some are thesis related):
* implement new paintops as they arrive, when I get idea
* unify my paintops GUI, work with Cyrille and use sensors and share color
dialog
* brush outline should be QPainterPath , remove KoViewConvertor from paintops
this way
* finally look at the Emanuelle's work of Kubelka-Munk color composition
* 3D brush needs shadows

Blender project:
* GLSL, OpenGL optimizations
* all we came up during brainstorm with our community and David Revoy (UI
fixes, speed-ups where can I do something)

* try to fix the bugs I'm assigned to.