2.1 plan, was: trunk is open.

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sun Oct 25 19:57:29 CET 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 25 October 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 October 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > Yes, indeed. Though we do have a big todo list already, and we've tried
> > >  having a wiki todo before, which didn't work either. I'm still working
> > >  with Lukas on his project proposal, which is a large part of that
> > > plan.
> >
> > Our todo contains tasks for the next twenty years :) I think a TODO for
> >  2.2, like the feature list page we have for koffice is quiet manageable.
>
> Sure, that's why I want some discussion on what we're going to do, and also
> commitment on getting it done. I'll start:
>
>  * Fix bugs as they arrive. My goal is to be be under 20 bugs for 2.2, and
>  to have no unassigned bugs. (That also means that if you think a bug is
>  right up your alley, that I'd like you to assign that bug to yourself.)
>
>  * fix serialization of the paintops, so stroke recording can work again.
>  This might entail some refactoring.
>
>  * finish my mypaing brush-compatible brush engine.
>
>  * implement alpha-locking. Initial support is already committed, now I
>  just need to use Enkithan's icons and make it work, preferably without
>  refactoring pigment.

Keep up with the polishing of 2.0/2.1 things:
* finish the CTL colorspace, that include optimizations, and full support for
operations
* finish merging of dynamic brush concepts into normal brush, that include the
coloring options and angles, would probably an opportunity to look at some of
the issues
* keep polishing Shiva support, and GHNS integration
* unit testing of pigment's operations (especially the one that are a bit
broken, like convolution)

File support:
* I want EXR to be a top class citizen in Krita, support for 16bit and 32bit,
full CM (and probably layers if someone from blender is willing to answer a
few questions and provide a test file)
* since we are getting ride of GraphicsMagick, it's probably a good idea to
work on replacing some of the filter as well, from those, my priorities would
be ppm and jpeg2000

Color choosers:
* I want to ditch that *beep* dialog :) We need a great color dialog
* I have been thinking about a "digital color mixer" for a while, you will
know more soon, since I think that the first thing I want to do after my PhD
work is done ! I need fun !

I think that's all. Of course, I might work on other stuff depending on my
mood, like add more recorded actions (gradient, fill, ....), and maybe make the
tutorial docker.

--
Cyrille Berger