koffice/krita/ui/tool

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Nov 9 10:24:04 CET 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 07 November 2009, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I don't think you should revert.
> >
> > I noticed that you use CTRL and I wanted to use CTRL for Duplicate Op to
> >  setup the point where you duplicate. But Cyrille did not agree and I
> > still want to convince Cyrille to use CTRL to be used. Is the CTRL passed
> > first to paintop and then to the tool?
>
> I used ctrl because gimp and mypaint use ctrl. However, I just noticed that
> photoshop uses alt, so I am fine with changing to alt as well. I probably
> should change the tool icon, too, since that's what both gimp and photoshop
> do.
Alt+click on KDE trigger move window mode. Not sure if we can have any control
on that, I would suspect kwin to intercept the call before the application get
it.

> > So I will abuse this thread a little :/
> >
> > Cyrille's two arguments for Shift in duplicate on IRC were :
> > a) old Krita users can be mislead
> > b) we might go back
> >
> > a) I will make a blog post and will write forum post to spread the change
> >
> >  :) b) Why we want to go back?

In case we go to a full editor of the paintop presets on the canvas (as
described in one of my previous mail) tirggered by shift (but after all, it
could as well be triggered by ctrl).

--
Cyrille Berger