New feature for review

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Nov 8 10:54:10 CET 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009, enki wrote:

> So I think it should be optional, and disabled by default, because it
> only fit to a digital painter's workflow using simple paintops.

I thought that mypaint actually implemented this, but on closer inspection
what actually happens is that after a certain zoom level the brush outline
doesn't scale anymore, but the brush stays the same pixel size :-).

Let's skip this idea, at least for 2.2.

> > * should the gui reflect the new base brush size, and if so, how should
> > we show that for gbr/abr/gih brushes?
>
> Yes.
> I think there should be a new diameter slider+spinbox widget above the
> spacing setting.

Ok.

> I agree with m4v on that. It should remember the size per dab, until the
> user reset it explicitly to default size.When you click another
> Predefined Brush, the last used settings of the other brushes are loaded.

So, for the KisBrush-based brushes, that should be a an extra variable in
KisBrush, for the other paintops a setting value.