New feature for review

enki enkithan at free.fr
Sat Nov 7 20:24:41 CET 2009

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I would like something like this:
>
>  * actuators: keyboard shortcuts, wheel (with delta), pressure, special ways
> of moving the cursor.
>  * those are associated with (aspects of) a paintop option and shown in a
> combobox in the gui, like in photoshop 7. The association of an actuator and
> an option is not exclusive, so mouse wheel might actuate changes in both size
> and jitter, for instance.
>  * KisTool would be responsible for sending the actuator signals to the active
> paintop
>
> Interaction question: are changes made in this way sticky? I.e., would they
> change the preset, or would they change a local copy of the preset settings in
> the paintop, and be forgotten when we switch to a new paint?

They should change only a local copy of the preset. UI should always be
updated when there is a change (Except for setting that change while
painting, like pressure, that should never change anything).
Changes would be only saved when the preset is explicitly
saved/overwritten (otherwise it would be too easy to break it with wrong
manipulation). Reselecting the preset would reload it.