New feature for review

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 17:52:41 CET 2009

On Sábado 07 Noviembre 2009 11:18:37 Boudewijn Rempt escribió:
> On Saturday 07 November 2009, Elián Hanisch wrote:
> > On Jueves 05 Noviembre 2009 10:13:15 Boudewijn Rempt escribió:
> > > * what is the function of brush resizing in the painting workflow: is
> > > it to create a new brush variant for later reuse, or is it to fit the
> > > brush size to the detail level you are working on (and if so, is it
> > > useful to also keep the brush size constant while zooming in and out --
> > > I would love that, personally).
> >
> > "fit the brush size to the detail level you are working" is mostly my
> > case, I don't really see myself saving several variants (in size) of the
> > same brush .
>
> Then making resizing part of a big on-canvas brush editing project wouldn't
> make much sense -- a means for quickly changing the size is more useful.
yes, I agree that the on-canvas brush editor would get in the way if I just
want to change the size quickly.
But I would still want to have the on-canvas editor, is indeed a neat idea for
other options, like changing the brush's softness, or for other complicated
paintops. For example in sumi-e there are two ways of resizing it, by chaging
the radius option or the scale factor, I usually have to play with both so the
brush is big enough and yet doesn't eat my cpu away with each stroke.

--
~ m4v