GSoC idea

Aca Markovic zrtvaaa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:14:44 CET 2009

Hello everybody!

My name iz Aleksandar, and I'm CS student at Belgrade University.

As my GSoC project I would like to take " Sketch-pad interface for Krita ".

Few years ago, my little sister didn't like any of the paint programs she
came across, so I've done a small paint in Java for her.

The mini-paint I implemented had the following features:
- free-hand drawing with a pencil and differently shaped brushes (square and
circle of different sizes)
- free-hand eraser of similar shapes and sizes
- drawing of circles, ellipses (separate!  not irritating like in MS paint -
always an ellipse), squares, rectangles (also separately)
- drawing of polygons, with an option to close an open polygon, and also an
option to move a point of the polygon

Having that experience in mind, and my C++ skills, I have a good idea how I
would implement something similar in Krita.

I would like to get in contact with possible mentor to discuss details of
implementation and all  features that are needed.

Thanks ahead,
Aca