Fixed bug in KisPerChannelFilter that prevented it from loading/saving bookmarks v.3

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:32:55 CET 2009

> > In PS7 there is no difference which colorspace the curves were created
> in.
> > That is you can create a curve in RGB mode and apply it to LAB image. I
> > think it's a good idea to leave curves unattached to any colorspace.
> That would be strange, if you make a curve for RGB, and try to apply to a
> LAB image, does it apply the red curve to the L, green to A, and blue to B ?
> Or does it do the conversion ?

Yes, it simply applies the first curve to the first channel, the second - to
the second... The only exception is united RGB curve. It goes to /dev/null
in LAB, but is applied to united CMYK when in CMYK.

The user knows what he does ;)
I hope so =)

> Actually I would think it would be a good idea to bookmark individual
> curve, but that would not be possible with the current filter configuration
> bookmark system, and would need some specific code, either in KCurve or in
> the filter widgets.

I don't think that is a good idea. I don't even sure that's useful to have
global bookmarks of curves. In color correction every curve is mostly used
for the only photo/picture. And then it goes to the history :). In this
workflow saving curves to separate files as in Gimp/PS is quite better.

> > KisFilter d->parentFilter;
> >
> > KisSerializableConfiguration*
> > KisFilterConfigurationFactory::createDefault() {
> > return d->parentFilter->defaultConfiguration;
> > }
> >
> > Is it?
> almost, with return d->parentFilter->factoryConfiguration(); instead :)

In such a case we miss loading of the default configuration from kritarc. So
return d->parentFilter->defaultConfiguration(); instead :P

--
Dmitry Kazakov