Krita PRNG (minor nit)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 3 22:15:28 CET 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I'm comparing notes now, will see if I can comment on the 'noticeable
> pattern' mentioned in r934614; it may be a while before I can look
> though as I am doing a full rebuild due to the qt-copy update.

Strictly looking at the code, I would guess it would help if the input
wasn't 'x + y * a' (where 'a' is a relatively small number). As I recall
from early experimentation, that's why I wanted the input number to be
somewhat random-noise on its own, i.e. why I throw big numbers at the
coordinates before feeding the resulting scalar to the meat-grinder.

I'm curious where the current algorithm came from? (Also if there is any
reason for not using my latest suggestion other than that it does more
operations per pixel?)

--
Matthew
"Still not King." -- Aragorn