Infinite canvas issues

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:28:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

I implemented infinite canvas and now I need to fix related issues.

The one I don't know much about is about "painting preview". Is it correct
name for it? When you paint, you see what you paint and just small update
rectangle is updated. You can watch my problem on video[1]. I tested the
updating using kwin and its "Show paint" effect but the whole canvas is updated
in Krita. Could you direct me to the code? It is in paintEvent of the
QPainterCanvas? ev->rect? I tried that but without luck (I moved that rect but
I did not see what i painted until i scrolled with wheel to generate event and
have updated widget)

Here [2] is the patch if you are interested.

[1] http://lukast.mediablog.sk/videos/krita2-canvas.ogv
[2] http://lukast.mediablog.sk/patches/qpainter_infinite_canvas.patch

Lukas