A couple of problems using Krita

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:22:32 CEST 2009

> On Martes 09 Junio 2009 07:53:25 Boudewijn Rempt escribió:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, David wrote:
> > One way to do it (which I think Gimp does), is when you use the Move
> > tool, is find the highest non-transparent pixel in the layers, and
> > then select that (and then start moving).
>
> It's actually not that straight-forward, because we've got groups.
> If we hit the first non-transparent pixel on a layer that's inside
> a group, do we move the group, or that child layer?
>
> Boudewijn

I prefer layers inside groups to stick together, so no moving of the child
layer :)
I do use groups for keep a bunch of layers work as a single unit, because I
normally stack layers as I increase the detail of the drawing, so moving a
layer alone is meaningless (and ruins everything!) they have to move together.

> > Ouch. That sounds really painful. Don't people in Photoshop sometimes
> > have hundreds of layers?
>
> I presume so... I've never really used Photoshop myself.

they do, I have see them using over 200 and even 500, specially in space
landscape works. I personally think is overkill but what ya know.

~ m4v