Patch for KCurve and KisPerChannelFilter

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 20 20:05:05 CET 2009

Дима Казаков wrote:
> I haven't looked throught the code, but i have such a feeling that preview
> is made against the whole unscaled image, isn't it? I think it would be
> enough to apply filters to the smaller scaled down picture that is shown on
> the screen. Of course, there would be some mathematical issues, especially
> with convolution filters, but we could make interface that would allow
> Filter to choose whether it needs whole image for preview. imho.

Someone else will have to chime in with an authoritative answer, but
AFAIK this isn't true; filters have worked on regions for a long time.
(And yes there is stuff in place to handle filters that need input
pixels outside of the output region.)

--
Matthew
"Sorry. Wrong species." -- Unknown episode of Star Trek: TNG