Patch for KCurve and KisPerChannelFilter

Дима Казаков dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 19:25:40 CET 2009

> > 1) Look through preview mechanism, because it still slows everything down
> > much.
>
> This is something I'm also working on: right now, the preview on-canvas is
> broken (again...), but it should be working in the background, in a thread.

I haven't looked throught the code, but i have such a feeling that preview
is made against the whole unscaled image, isn't it? I think it would be
enough to apply filters to the smaller scaled down picture that is shown on
the screen. Of course, there would be some mathematical issues, especially
with convolution filters, but we could make interface that would allow
Filter to choose whether it needs whole image for preview. imho.

PS:
Even with Curves filter there would be issues with interpolation if we use
scaled preview. But if my memory serves me right and feelings don't lie,
Photoshop works like that. At least preview and final results differ a bit.

--
Dmitry Kazakov